Skin is the largest organ of the human body. So when you are having a face-to-face conversation with a person, howsoever you look like, is the first thing that comes under consideration.
A healthy-looking skin without making many efforts may not be everybody’s fate. A healthy-looking skin can boost your confidence and vice-versa. Daily skincare make us more presentable. So here we have a detailed explanation and guide for you to deal with your skin related queries and problems.
Some miraculous yet simple ingredients in your kitchen can help you obtain flawless skin in quick and easy steps.
It is a medicinal herb that is known for its thousands of benefits for a long time. Drinking haldi-milk is a natural cure for several problems, that have been talked about a lot in our ancient literature. So, both the topical use of this Indian spice or the intake of it has a ton of benefits.
Being a superb antiseptic, it can not only heal the wounds faster but also prevent infections. Some researches have found out that curcumin, a compound present in turmeric is an excellent natural antioxidant and decreases UV damage upon application on the skin.
Millions of benefits of this product have led the companies to market their products claiming to contain turmeric. It is also known to reduce inflammation and irritation.
Different face mask recipes with turmeric
● Mix turmeric with warm water and honey to treat any acnes. It works as an excellent spot treatment product.
● A mixture of turmeric, yogurt, and lemon juice works brilliantly to reduce hyperpigmentation and is also nourishing for the skin.
2. Aloe vera gel
People can’t stop raving about the benefits of this product. It is one of those ingredients that can team up with almost anything and reap excellent results. It has several properties that are known to fight skin aging and are anti-inflammatory by nature.
It is a medicinal herb that can soothe a bad sunburn with its cooling properties. Since it is succulent, the leaves of the plant store water in them which contains amino acids, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins.
It also works as an astringent that can reduce the size of your pores. It draws out excess sebum from your face.
Different face mask recipes with Aloe vera gel
● Apply the gel mixed with some fuller’s earth (Multani mitti), keep it on for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off. It will cleanse your pores and leave a soft and supple skin.
● If your skin is very dry and needs some deep nourishment then mix some aloe vera gel with mashed banana and apply it on your face, keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. It will help you in getting rid of the dryness and flakiness.
3. Curd (Yogurt)
Curd has lactic acid in it. This helps in getting rid of dead skin cells as it acts as a chemical exfoliant. Lactic acid also helps in providing moisturization to the skin. Curd has miraculous cleansing properties. Easily available in your refrigerator, this ingredient is everybody’s favorite. Curd is known to reduce dark circles and helps in fighting acne.
Different face mask recipes with yogurt
● Apply a face pack made of curd, honey, and lemon juice for 15 mins to ward off any age spots and premature wrinkles.
● Mix curd and tomato juice to obtain a smooth paste and keep it on until it dries. Rinse it off with cold water.
4. Besan (gram flour)
You would have even heard your grandmother rave about besan. Ubtan made of besan is one such recipe that has been passed down from our grand-moms to our moms. Besan is antimicrobial in nature and is known to remove dirt and toxins from the skin.
Different face mask recipes with besan
● Apply a think paste of besan, lemon juice, and water on the face and keep it on for 20 minutes. Rinse it with water and have a baby soft skin.
● If you wish to treat your acne and pimples then apply a face pack made of besan, rose water, and turmeric for 15 minutes.
Apart from being a star vegetable in the kitchen this vegetable also has a lot of benefits for the skin. Potato juice is known to help in the treatment of age spots and wrinkles. It is also known as an excellent source of moisturization to the skin.
It is known as a good source of vitamin B and C. Potato juice works as a skin brightening agent and helps in reducing the appearance of dark circles. It also helps in firming the skin and is a good anti-aging agent.
Different face mask recipes with potato juice
● Rub a cut potato on your face after washing your face and patting it dry. This will help in reducing the pigmentation from the skin.
● Mix some potato juice with Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and apply it on your face. It will help in removing toxins from the skin along with nourishing it at the same time.
Few tips to help you maintain a healthy skin
Water is more important than food because we all know that one can survive without food longer than without water. Drink as much water as needed to maintain the optimum level of hydration in the body. If drinking plain water is not the most pleasing thing for you, try drinking flavored water that you can easily prepare by infusing regular water with the fruits of your choice.
Doesn’t matter if it is not a sunny day, don’t forget to apply your daily sunscreen. Skin damage is caused by harmful UV rays which are even present on a cloudy day. Several companies have come up with a variety of sunscreens in the market. You should be fine with anything that has a minimum of SPF30 for limited exposure to the sun. Also, don’t forget to reapply your sunscreen every couple of hours for the best results.
3. Remove makeup
Had a long and tiring day and want to crash on the bed as soon as you enter the house?… But just a sec, remove your makeup that has been sitting on your face for quite some time. This is a step you should not skip no matter how you end your day. Otherwise, it may clog your pores and cause your skin to break out.
4. Skin-care routine
Cleansing, toning, and moisturizing is a mantra that every skincare professional will suggest you follow dedicatedly. These three basic steps can do wonders for your skin. Even if you are not a skincare expert, these three basic steps will transform your skincare game and make you feel good.
5. Eat healthily
Last but not least, taking care of your skin is a process that requires love and care, both externally as well as internally. Therefore be conscious of what you are putting in your body as it contributes a lot to how your skin looks. Avoid oily food to prevent acne.
With the above-mentioned ingredients already present in your kitchen and a few handy tricks stated above, I hope you will be able to solve most of your skin-care related problems. Don’t forget to keep smiling as it not only lifts your mood and gives you happiness from within but also is a good facial exercise to keep your skin lifted.
Keep smiling and love yourself!
Skincare Best Practice