Acne is the most common skin problem that almost everyone faces. We all want to get rid of acne and have back our clear, glowing skin. When your pores get clogged because of excess oil and dead skin cells, that leads to cause acne on your skin. Factors like genetics, stress, diet, hormonal changes can also cause acne.
Getting rid of them is difficult? Have you also spent a chunk of your money on expensive beauty products to heal them? But now, you don’t have to worry about digging a hole in your pocket because we are going to list down remedies for treating acne. These remedies are natural and affordable. Anyone can easily do these remedies at home to get rid of all the common skin problems.
Here are some ways which can help you fix this problem with natural remedies:
1. Turmeric and Honey
One of the simple yet effective ways to treat your acne is by applying the DIY home remedy of Turmeric and honey. Turmeric has antiseptic properties that kill germs and helps skin fighting acne. Cinnamon has antiseptic and antifungal properties. Lemon contains ascorbic acid, which will help your acne to dry out. Honey will cause your clogged pores to open and also hydrates your skin.
How to make it?
- Add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- To that add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1-2 drops of lemon juice
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix it well and apply it on your acne spots for at least 10 to 15 minutes
- Only use this on your acne spots, not on your entire face.
2. Tea tree oil for acne treatment
Tea tree oil is the best for battling acne. It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial qualities. It helps reduce redness, swelling, and inflation on your skin. Please refrain from using tea tree oil directly on your skin. Dilute it with any other oil, like coconut/ olive/ almond oil. Add 10 drops of coconut/almond/ olive oil to 1-2 drops of tea tree oil. The ratio should always be 10:2.
3. Apple cider vinegar hack
Apple cider vinegar also works best for healing acne. It has antibacterial properties which help in killing acne. Do not apply apple cider vinegar directly on your skin. It may cause irritation and burns if you use it directly on your skin. It is very acidic.
How to apply Apple cider vinegar?
- Mix 1 drop of apple cider vinegar with 5 drops of water
- Make sure your face is clean ( wash it with a mild face wash beforehand)
- After 5 minutes when apple cider vinegar dilutes in water
- Dab a cotton ball in that mixture and apply it on your acne spots
- Keep it only for 15-20 seconds
- Wash your face thoroughly with water
4. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera Gel has several benefits for skin, hair as well for our overall health. Aloe Vera has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties with help in fighting acne. Having an aloe vera plant at home is always recommended but even if you don’t have one, you can buy aloe vera gel from a beauty store.
5. Green tea
We always associate green tea with weight loss, but did you know green tea can help you get rid of acne? Green tea has several antioxidants, it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help in getting rid of acne.
How to make DIY Green Tea facemask for acne?
After drinking green tea, don’t throw away the tea bags. As we are going to be using them in our facemask.
- Take 1-2 leftover tea bags
- Open tea bags and grind the green tea leaves in a grinder
- You should have a powder-like consistency for green tea leaves
- Add one tablespoon honey to it
- One drop of tea tree oil
- Mix all the ingredients well
- Apply this mixture on your acne-prone skin
- Keep it for not more than 10-15 minutes
You won’t get results overnight, you will have to religiously use these remedies for at least a month. Along with this, a healthy lifestyle with a properly balanced diet and exercise routine is essential. You should also have a proper skincare routine. In the long term, following a proper skincare routine will not only make your skin acne-free but it will make it clear, glowing, and youthful and who doesn’t want beautiful skin?